Monday, November 11, 2013

A Mickey Mouse Cake for a Big Girl

We had a small party to celebrate our daughter being a big girl. Not birthday party but a weaning party. Yes. I shall elaborate on that no further. Unless, of course, other moms are interested to know more.

Anyhow, she wanted balloons, party hats, presents, party packs and a pink cake with Mickey Mouse.
It was quite fun actually, getting all these stuff ready.

As for the cake, I've always wanted to try making buttercream icing toppers. So this was a good opportunity to give it a go. I'm happy to say that it turned out quite well, though it could've been neater at the top. It was good enough for me, especially since it got a "Wow!" from Emma.



I came across the method for making buttercream icing toppers from this blog. The cake is a Orange Poppyseed Cake. I won't be posting any recipes since they can be found at the links.
 
Here are more pictures of my baby all grown up! (Hugs and tears from mummy.)
 
 
Testing out her new crayons, trying to colour the minions "pink", which is her favourite colour.
 
 
 
 
 
Here's another close-up of the cake:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment