Friday, January 15, 2016

Earl Grey Chiffon Cake

It has been way too long since I last posted. Christmas has passed and Chinese New Year is approaching. While I wish I have time to post some recipes for the festive goodies, I just don't have the time, especially to shoot the photos.

So here's something I did sometime last year. I made an orange chiffon cake for after rosary snack but it turned out kind of flat, so I simply had to try again. The second time around, I used a different flavour and wasn't as timid as I was about mixing the beaten egg white with the egg yolk mixture.

Here's how it turned out:



I'm happy with the way it turned out. It was soft and spongy and held its shape at the same time.



Chiffon cakes are normally not decorated, but she just had to...



Here's the recipe. You may change the flavour to whatever you prefer. If using citrus fruits, remember to add the zest as well.



Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment